Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Under Pressure Essay

I was asked to make a short essay.
Topic: My Hero
Time: 15 Minutes
And it doesn’t help that they have a countdown right there in the screen while you’re working. So when I need to think, I look down. Kinda stupid. haha. But well, here’s what I was able to produce. Presenting my hero: mom.


A hero for me is someone who is eager and forceful to create a change in the place or environment or even in a situation that he/she is in. I would consider my mother as my personal hero. She is cool,daring and very determined in everything that she does. She shows fearlessness and selflessness when placed in a situation that asks otherwise. She fights for the recognition of women and their power in the society. She knows that women can do what men can. They need not to be treated as seconds, but equals. When crisis hits her, it would never drag her down. She will always look for ways to rise above that crisis and would never, ever give up. I sometimes wonder how she does it. She makes tiring issues and problems seem untiring. She radiates and exudes a lot of strength. I look up to her as my inspiration and some kind of a "pressure or push" so that I could also rise above the challenges given to me.


ANd oh! the words in bold are the keywords. It is mandatory that I use them in the essay. phew!

No comments: